Over the last years, we have created different projects and recommendations. During this time certain projects have become deprecated as we moved on to different tools or approaches.
This doesn't mean that we've completely dropped support for these projects. While we don't feature them on the main website, we still maintain and support these projects. We don't develop any new features or functionalities, but we will continue to support bugfixes and in some cases update along with the dependent tooling.
The documentation for our legacy projects is maintained in the GitHub readmes:
- es-dev-server: we rebranded it as web-dev-server
- testing-karma & karma-esm: we now recommend web-test-runner
- testing-karma-bs: we now recommend web-test-runner & @web/test-runner-browserstack
- rollup-plugin-index-html: we now recommend
- webpack-import-meta-loader: we now recommend babel-plugin-bundled-import-meta
- building-webpack: we now recommend rollup over webpack
- webpack-index-html-plugin: we now recommend rollup over webpack
- storybook-addon-web-components-knobs: storybook v6 has a new better knobs system